Equity Compensation Plan Services
Keep the focus on your company's greatest asset — your employees.
Designing and administering equity compensation plans is a challenge for many companies. While offering a plan helps you create an ownership culture, managing that plan requires a strong partner. At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we understand your need for a total equity compensation plan that creates value for your company and its employees. We know the stakes are high — and we have the experience and resources to help you deliver a successful program.
As a plan sponsor, you may be looking for:
- A recordkeeper who understands your plan and provides administrative solutions to fit your needs
- A disciplined plan management process that includes plan and financial reporting and services to support your global needs
- An executive services experience led by dedicated Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors specializing in the unique needs of your executive population
- A comprehensive benefits experience, with a single point of contact for all your potential plan needs: stock, defined contribution, defined benefit, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, and health savings solutions
Your employees are looking for:
- Easy to use tools to help them fully understand the benefit of their awards
- A unified view of their overall financial picture
- The ability to access information and make transactions THEIR way — online, through an experienced Advisor, over the phone or in-person
We can support you and your employees with your equity compensation needs, including:
- Nonqualified and Incentive Stock Options
- Performance Shares and Units
- Restricted Stock and Units
- Dividend Equivalent Units
- Stock Appreciation Rights
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
For ease of accessing and managing their awards, we offer employees the convenience of an online experience that includes:
- Monitoring potential equity award value
- Modeling granted awards to view potential income
- Alerts of important plan information and "action" steps
- Easy access to tools, tips and resources to help equip participants with information regarding equity awards
General inquiry information including:
- Individual grant details and summary
- Account balances
- Important account alerts
- Log on access to full site
- Award acceptance
Flexible Level of Service to Fit your Company's needs:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Equity Award Services
are best suited for plans with a minimum of 250 participants and $50 million in the money grant value.
AwardChoice Financial ReportingTM
The AwardChoice Financial Reporting (ACFR) service gives companies virtual 24/7 access to financial reporting for multiple award types. Our certified systems provide repeatable, reliable, auditable reports that can help you fulfill your ASC 718 reporting requirements and possibly mitigate risk.
- Provides virtual 24/7 access through a self-directed platform that offers information and performs ad hoc analysis.
- Meets the unique needs of each functional group within your corporate accounting, SEC reporting and tax organizations.
- Delivers a flexible reporting framework that allows you to customize templates to produce reports that meet your needs.
- Provides robust reporting around assumption derivation and valuation calculations along with a full suite of compensation expense and financial reports — including deferred tax, earnings per share, disclosure, and proxy reports
- Offers an integrated forecasting module with a rigorous, automated forecasting solution built upon the same calculation methodologies that drive the actual reporting performed in the system — resulting in consistent and transparent expense and earnings-per-share projections.
Our AwardChoice Financial Reporting and Financial Reporting Specialist group stay ahead of an evolving industry landscape while remaining focused on helping you improve your ASC 718 compliance process. You'll benefit from accurate, transparent and consumable financial reports that increase the accuracy and efficiency of your equity award financial reporting while helping you to mitigate risk.